Monday 10 December 2012

Hello and welcome and Dr Jart+ Premium BB Beauty Balm


Hi guys and welcome to my new blog. Here you will find a lot of beauty, a bit of fashion and much, much more of lil' old ME. I have been thinking about what to do with my blog for a while now. Even though beauty is my passion, there is a lot more than that, that I want to share with you. With this in mind I decided that Nourish(my old blog) didn't quite fit the brief any more, and who doesn't like a bit of change every now and again? So here is the new blog, in all it's glory. I hope you like it.

Now I couldn't leave you guys without some kind of post. So for those of you who like your cosmetics, and for those of you that have come over from Nourish (thank you x x), here is my review of The Best beauty balm (that I have tried).

First of all I suppose we have to decide what a beauty balm is. After much internet research I have deduced that it is a multi-purpose cosmetic that includes; foundation, moisturiser, primer, sun protection, and anything else they can fit in there. Beauty balm, blemish balm, BB, what ever you like to call it hails from Asia, where it is MAHOOSIVE. However the first BB cream was actually developed a little closer to home, in 1950s Germany. This product was formulated for clients to wear after having skin treatments such as peels and facials, to camouflage redness and sooth irritation. Now a days it's used a little differently.

I received Dr Jart+ Premium BB Beauty Balm in one of my Glossyboxes and I was mega excited. I have tried a few high street BB creams and to be honest the colour of them was never right for me (always too dark for my skin). However when I tried this one the colour seemed to melt in to my skin perfectly. I wouldn't say this is a foundation as it does not have the coverage. But is does work to even out skin tone and make the skin look generally lovely. Other properties of this product are as stated: “Advanced brightening and anti-ageing properties firm and hydrate, while antioxidant bio-peptides and adenosine help restore skin elasticity”. Which is always good, and “It moisturises, protects and corrects”. What's not to like?.

In all honesty I love this product! I has SPF40 in it which in my world is amazing. It makes my skin look lovely and it does anti-ageing stuff too which, while I'm knocking on 30s door I particularly need now. So, when my tube runs out I will be replenishing from Boots, where Dr Jart+ Premium BB Beauty Balm retails at 24 smackers. A bit on the pricey side? Maybe? But well worth it in my book.



So guys I hope you have enjoyed this first post and hears to many more in the future.

See you soon.

Stacey x x






No comments:

Post a Comment