Saturday 9 August 2014

Neon nails and nail stuff review

Hi guys today I would like to share with you a neon nail........look? Im not sure if it would be really classed as a look. Maybe we should just say I painted my nails neon.

But not only did I paint my nails neon, I used some really cool products to do it.



























For my base coat I used my new OPI put a coat on. This is a white base coat which you put on before your polish to boost the colour. I have only tried this the once so far but it worked a treat. My nail polish was super duper neon, which is just the way I like it.

For the colour I used another new product, OPI life gave me lemons, which is an awesome yellow/green. I love it. It's a serious statement colour and OPI polishes have amazing consistency and staying power. I believe you can not go wrong with OPI nail polishes, they are definitely one of my favourite nail brands. 

But I didn't stop there. This post is actually a hat trick of new products, because I then decorated with some funky glitter that I randomly picked up from Sally's/Salon Services. This glitter is different from the norm. It's like small slithers of plastic, a little like tiny bits of sweetie wrappers. Glitter that looks like sweetie wrappers, I'm sold! I think this product gives a super cool effect on the nails and it was quite easy to use. While the nail colour was still a bit tacky I just sprinkled the glitter over my nails with a nail gem tool (this is a kind of tweezer looking tool that helps place gems on nails). I then pressed the glitter on to the nail with my finger, remembering not to press too hard as the colour was not yet dry. I then had to put two coats of top coat on, squidging the glitter down in between coats so it didn't stick out as much. This ended up with my nail polish being thicker than normal when I finished, but I think it was worth it. 


What do you guys think? I would love to hear about some of your cool nail product finds.

Note: they were so much better in real life, they we're not the best to photograph. 

Stacey x x 

No comments:

Post a Comment