Sunday 14 September 2014

5 ways having a bath is good for your heath


Today 'the art of bathing', or simply having a bath is a thing of luxury, not just a necessity to ensure personal hygiene, but it hasn't always been this way. 



The ancient Greeks were advocates of the therapeutic bath to treat illnesses and ailments. The Romans - social bathing and the splendour of their bath houses. And lets not forget Cleopatra, the queen known the world over for her bathing rituals (whether they be true or not). 

For me bathing is much more than just getting clean and because of this I would like to share with you my top 5 reasons to dust off your rubber duck.

1) Me time - I understand with busy lifestyles that it can be hard to find the time for your self, but for that same reason it is a must. Both your body and mind need time to relax, recoupe and recharge.

2) Relieving aches and pains - talking about relaxing, both the warmth and the buoyancy of the water work to relax your muscles. So if you are suffering with aches and pains try having a bath, you might be surprised how much it helps.

3) Skin benefits - there are a plethora of products available for use in the bath, from products that perfume your skin, to those that can help cure skin conditions, and everything in between. Do they work? If you don't try them you will never know. 

4) A feeling of decadence and luxury - for me a bath is pure luxury (is this a health benefit? maybe not, but a bit of luxury makes my soul happy)! Pour in your oils, get those bubbles foaming, inhale those beautiful aromas, and slip in to the silky waters safe in the knowledge that you are going to emerge feeling wonderful. 

5) Medical benefits - I am no doctor but I do believe that baths; increase circulation, decrease stress levels, and of course, we must not forget the usual hygiene reasons. 

So if I have encouraged you to step in to the tub (and I hope I have) I would just like to share with you a word to the wise, well 2 words to the the wise really. The first, please do not have your bath too hot, it's not good for you to get in to a roasting hot bath. I would advise to start with your bath at a warm temperature and increase the heat gradually! Letting your body get used to it. Also there will be some medical conditions where bathing is not an option, I don't know what they are, but if you have any concerns about this then please see your doctor. 

And what have I used in my bath just recently? 


You've got to love a bit of Lush. 

What products have you been using in your bath recently? Any recommendations? I would love to know. 

Happy bathing!

Stacey x x 

No comments:

Post a Comment